Tuesday, March 23, 2010

CHURCH PLANTING IN DAVAO, THE PHILIPPINES

Hi, this is Ps Wakki from Hope Davao. Welcome to Davao City, this is Davao City, the town centre.

I joined Hope in 2003 in Malaysia, and now I’m here in Davao, planting a Hope of God church. Actually I’m a local. We worked in and attended the Hope church there and now we have returned for God. We started Hope Davao in the month of August, 2007. Firstly, we had our first mission trip that year, and then we held our first Sunday Service in August, 2008. This is now our sixth month as a church here in Davao.



We started with three people: I, sister Irene and sister Joy. All three of us are locals but we came from Malaysia. When we started Hope Davao, we invited our relatives to gather and Hope Davao became a church. We averaged about 20 every week; and we believe God will increase our numbers. Also we are doing some outreach to the campuses. We have some students in our church now but most of us are working adults.

Twice already, Hope Labuan, Malaysia has sent a team to help and train us in reaching out, how to do other important things: gathering people, inviting people to church and how we should conduct evangelism etc.

So far, I can say we are doing well. Personally, I request for your prayer. Pray for us, pray for Hope Davao to grow, pray for Hope Davao to be invested in by God. Pray that we will grow spiritually, not just in numbers but in maturity for all those who are inside the church, since the majority of them are new Christians. So we *** your prayers, include us in your prayers and I’m inviting you to visit us. Davao is a very nice place. We welcome you, and please send your team and we welcome you to help us to reach out to university students, help us reach out to those professionals, there are a lot out there and we need some help. So send your team.

Pastor Wakki
Hope Davao, The Philippines


CHURCH PLANTING TESTIMONIES

My name is Irene. I’m from Hope of God Davao.

Four years ago, I was serving in Hope Labuan, Malaysia before I left the country. Before that time, I was not a Christian. However, a few months later, I joined Hope of God Labuan, Malaysia where I accepted Christ. Three and a half years later, I returned to the Philippines and I support Joyce in planting a church. I know I have received a lot of blessings after I received Christ. More blessings have come into my life.
In my care group, I am a worship leader, and one of the core team members in this church. I thank God because I received a lot of blessings. A few weeks ago, I received a job at the company I’m working for now.


Hello I’m Joy. I’m from Hope Davao, The Philippines.

God really told me to plant a church here in Davao. Before, I was serving God at Hope of God Labuan in Malaysia. God touched me to really have a burden for people because at the time, we had a Filipino group. Actually it wasn’t, God told brother Wakki to plant a church, and as a fellow Filipino, we grew together in Hope of God Labuan: we served together. God also touched my heart to plant and support our brother Wakki as our leader here. Since I’ve served in Labuan, Malaysia, I really praise God because the love of God has extended to my family and now my family is serving God in Hope of God Labuan, Malaysia.

God, at the time, told me to go return here to Davao. Praise God because He really set everything in order. When I arrived, I rested for one week and I started the care group with just my family at that time. Praise God I really obeyed him, because God knows my heart, and my heart really belongs to him. However, there was a bit of fear because I didn’t know if I could find work here. But I really praise God because God is really faithful to me; when God brings you here, God will bless you.

An example of where God really blessed me here at Hope Davao was when many people came to God and my relatives, along with me and my sister really helped to serve God together. There are a lot of my relatives here at this church. Then just a few months ago, God really gave me a good job and a few months later, God provided me with a promotion. I really praise God for that. God is faithful in my life, and I believe also, that as we continue to obey God, God will bless us also. So just continue to hold on to God’s promises and I believe God will bless us as we obey our Lord Jesus.

 
[Click here to unsubscribe from Advance Newsletter] Free Counters from SimpleCount.com